Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rainy Days

Well my hurry ten days ago turned out to be worth it. Half an acre if pasture mix and eight types of vegetables have now benefitted from this incessant rain.

Last year it kept us from getting my garden in, but being prepared early allows us to benefit from the rain. And I don't have to stretch my garden hose out every night.

My indoor starts are doing pretty good. My only issue is I haven't started to harden them off. I either think about it too late, or the rain is too heavy, or I'm afraid it's too cold. Sooner or later I'll get around to it so that they can join the outdoor garden.

I started another batch of tomatoes, peppers, and corn. I wanted to be able to stagger my harvest times a bit more than last year. I'll probably do one more round in a couple weeks, but by then it should be warm enough to do it outside.



No comments: